Fruits and Vegetables are essential sources of nutrients like Vits A, B, C K, potassium as we all know. On my health page today, we’ll be looking at the health benefits of fruits and vegetables.
The first on the list is
Apple – Contains calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, and beta-carotene.
- Helps to relieve constipation
- Contain pectin which helps to reduce cholesterol
- Remove toxins from the gut.
- Prevents skin wrinkling and skin damage.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away
Banana – Contains Vits B6, C, K, beta-carotene, iron, potassium and tryptophan.
- B6 is important for mood and mental health.
- Tryptophan helps to stabilise your mood and encourages sleep
- Helps to lower cholesterol.
- Contains pectin which helps to remove toxins from the digestive tract.
- Reduces anxiety.
Carrot – Contains calcium, magnesium, phophorus, potassium, and beta carotene.
- Detoxifies the digestive tract, liver and kidneys.
- Contain potent antioxidants
- Helps to improve eyesight
- Naturally antibacterial and antiviral
Garden Egg- Contains a little amount of carb, protein, iron, calcium, potassium and no fat. Rich in Vitamins B and C,
- Treats hypertension and other cardiovascular diseases
- Protects the body from formation of cancers
- Prevents and treats constipation
- Reduces body’s cholesterol level
- Aids digestion of food.
Garlic– Contains calcium, magnesium, sulphur, potassium and vit C.
- A potent antioxidant
- Is liver supportive because of sulphur contents
- Reduces cholesterol
- A heart and circulation tonifier.
- Heals wounds when applied on the outside
- Used for treating bleeding nose, gums, and minor internal haemorrage
- Helps cure dysentery
- Helps reduce constipation.
Mango– Contains iron, Vits A and E
- High antioxidant
- Good for people suffering from anaemia
Olives– Rich in oleic acid, iron, beta-carotene and Vit E.
- It is liver and gall bladder supportive.
- A strong antioxidant and carotenoid
- Protects cells from premature ageing.
- Strengthens retina and improves eyesight.
Onions– Contain calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, beta-carotene, folic acid and sulphur.
- Prevent and repairs stomach ulcer.
- Relieves stomach cramps
- Natural antibiotic
- Liver supportive detoxifier.
Orange- Contains high percentage of Vit C
- Helps in boosting the immune system
- Orange helps to lower cholesterol level
- It also to lower blood pressure levels
- Reduces arthritis, pains
Pawpaw– Source of proteolytic enzymes.
- Controls premature ageing
- Improves poor digestion
- Acts as cleanser
- Boosts immune system thereby reducing the chances for illness.
Watermelon– Carotene, vitamins and minerals.
- Fights heart disease
- Relaxes the body blood vessel
- Reduces risk of cancer
- Prevents erectile dysfunction
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit
I’m sure after reading the health benefits of fruits and vegetables, you will not hesitate to stock your fruit basket with wholesome fruits. Remember to have a safe place for your veggies too. If you’ve learnt anything from this post, you can let me know by leaving a comment.
Have a fruity day!