Fruits and Vegetables are essential sources of nutrients like Vits A, B, C K, potassium as we all know. On my health page today, we'll be looking at the health benefits of most fruits and vegetables.
The first on the list is Apple - Contains calcium, magnesium, vit. C, and beta carotene.
- Helps to relieve constipation
- Contain pectin which helps to reduce cholesterol
- Remove toxins from the gut.
- Prevents skin wrinkling and skin damage.
An apple a day keeps the doctor awayBanana - Contains Vits B6, C, K, beta-carotene, iron, potassium and tryptophan.
- B6 is important for mood and mental health.
- Tryptophan helps to stabilise your mood and encourages sleep
- Helps to lower cholesterol.
- Contains pectin which helps to remove toxins from the digestive tract.
- Reduces anxiety.
- Detoxifies the digestive tract, liver and kidneys.
- Contain potent antioxidants
- Helps to improve eyesight
- Naturally antibacterial and antiviral
Garden Egg- Contains little amount of carb, protein, iron, calcium, potassium and no fat. Rich in vits B and C,
- Treats hypertension and other cardiovascular diseases
- Protects the body from formation of cancers
- Prevents and treats constipation
- Reduces body's cholesterol level
- Aids digestion of food.
- A potent antioxidant
- Is liver supportive because of sulphur contents
- Reduces cholesterol
- A heart and circulation tonifier.
- Heals wounds when applied on the outside
- Used for treating bleeding nose, gums, and minor internal haemorrage
- Helps cure dysentery
- Helps reduce constipation.
- High antioxidant
- Good for people suffering from anaemia
- It is liver and gall bladder supportive.
- A strong antioxidant and carotenoid
- Protects cells from premature aging.
- Strengthens retina and improves eyesight.
- Prevent and repairs stomach ulcer .
- Relieves stomach cramps
- Natural antibiotic
- Liver supportive detoxifier.
- Helps in boosting immune system
- Helps lower cholesterol level
- Helps to lower blood pressure levels
- Reduces arthritis, pains
- Controls premature aging
- Improves poor digestion
- Acts as cleanser
- Boosts immune system thereby reducing the chances for illness.
- Fights heart disease
- Relaxes the body blood vessel
- Reduces risk of cancer
- Prevents erectile dysfunction
Am sure after reading this, you will not hesitate to stock your fruit basket with wholesome fruits. Remember to have a safe place for your veggies too. If you've learnt anything from this post, you can let me know by leaving a comment. Have a fruity day!
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad